If you happen to love coconut, you’ll love these straightforward Coconut Macaroons. They’re naturally sweetened with maple syrup, with no eggs or flour required. I really like how they’re crispy on the skin, and chewy on the within!
If you happen to’ve tried my Chocolate Coconut Macaroons, this model may be very comparable in idea, solely with out the chocolate. You may bake them for a crispy outdoors and tender inside (extremely beneficial) or you possibly can freeze the batter for an excellent quicker, no-bake deal with.
Elements You’ll Want
What do it’s essential make coconut macaroons?
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut butter (or one other nut butter)
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla & almond extracts
That’s it! This macaroon recipe couldn’t be simpler, and it packs a lot taste into every chunk. Drizzle them with darkish chocolate for an additional scrumptious deal with!
Why You’ll Love Them
- They’re principally coconut. These are the proper dessert for somebody who loves coconut! You’ll use each shredded coconut and coconut butter (which is solely pureed shredded coconut) on this recipe, for optimum taste, and a touch of almond extract takes the style excessive!
- They’re egg-free. I do know many individuals must keep away from eggs on account of allergic reactions or particular dietary wants, so this recipe ought to assist.
- They’re gluten-free. In contrast to some conventional recipes, there’s no flour required right here, both.
- They’re versatile. Don’t have coconut butter readily available? Attempt utilizing almond butter as a substitute. Any nut or seed butter ought to work with comparable outcomes.
- Vegan & Paleo pleasant. The ingredient checklist is fairly easy right here, so this wholesome dessert is ideal for these following a particular food plan.
I initially posted this recipe again in 2010, utilizing the next ratio of coconut butter on the time, however after years of constructing these, I’ve discovered that they’re extra fool-proof while you reduce on the butter. (This manner they gained’t unfold or soften collectively while you bake them.)
I’ll embody the unique ratios down under, simply in case you most popular them that manner, however I hope you’ll do this up to date model, too!
Learn how to Make Them
- Combine the moist elements. Begin with runny coconut butter. If yours has solidified within the jar, you should definitely soften it earlier than getting began. (I measure after it’s been melted.) Combine collectively the coconut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, almond extract, and salt.
- Add within the coconut. As soon as the moist elements are combined, you possibly can stir within the shredded coconut. Ensure you’re utilizing a model of dried shredded coconut with no added sugar.
- Scoop.Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to scoop the dough, and tightly pack it into the spoon so the macaroon mounds will stick collectively. Drop the mounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and use your fingers to form them, as wanted.
- Bake. Bake the macaroons at 350ºF for 15 to twenty minutes, or till the underside of the cookies begin to look golden. I normally pull mine out of the oven proper at quarter-hour, however know that they gained’t really feel agency or crispy to the contact instantly. They should cool utterly to agency up, so be affected person.
- Get pleasure from! As soon as the macaroons are cool, you possibly can get pleasure from them instantly. For an additional-decadent deal with, strive drizzling them with melted darkish chocolate, or dunk the underside of the cookies in chocolate and allow them to cool on the parchment paper once more till the chocolate is agency.
If you happen to want a nut-free recipe, be at liberty to omit the almond extract. I really like the additional layer of taste it provides, however these are nonetheless scrumptious with out it.
Simple Coconut Macaroons
These straightforward Coconut Macaroons require solely a handful of elements, with out utilizing eggs or flour! They’re gluten-free and naturally candy, and are excellent for any coconut followers in your life.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. In case your coconut butter is not runny in texture, you should definitely soften it earlier than getting began. (I exploit a double boiler to do that, however you should utilize some other technique you want.)
Measure the coconut butter after it has been melted, and add it to a mixing bowl, together with the maple syrup, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Stir nicely.
Add within the shredded coconut, and blend once more, till the batter appears to be like uniform.
Use a tablespoon or 1-ounce cookie scoop to scoop the dough, and tightly pack every spoonful so the macaroons will maintain their form. Drop the mounds onto the lined baking sheet, and form them along with your fingers for those who discover any items are falling aside.
Bake at 350ºF for 15 to twenty minutes, or till the bottoms of the macaroons are trying golden. Word, they may NOT really feel agency to the contact at this level, so do not be alarmed in the event that they really feel gentle. They may agency up as they cool, so you should definitely allow them to cool utterly on the pan.
As soon as the macaroons are cool, they’re able to serve. For an additional-decadent deal with, drizzle them with melted darkish chocolate, or dip the underside of the cookies within the chocolate. Let the chocolate cool utterly earlier than serving. These macaroons will preserve nicely at room temperature for as much as 5 days, however they may begin to soften after 24 to 48 hours. Maintain them chilled within the fridge for the longest shelf life, and firmest texture. They may preserve nicely within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.
Vitamin info is for 1 of 21 items, with out the elective darkish chocolate drizzle. This info is robotically calculated, and is simply an estimate, not a assure.
Energy: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg
Replace Word: This recipe has been up to date in July 2021 to work higher! The unique recipe known as for 1 scant cup of coconut butter, 3/4 cup maple syrup, 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a couple of cups shredded coconut. You may dehydrate these at 118ºF for as much as 24 hours, or bake them at 300ºF for 22 to 25 minutes. Some commenters reported them melting along with this technique, in order that’s why the recipe has been up to date above to be extra fool-proof.
If you happen to strive these coconut macaroons, please go away a remark under letting me know what you suppose! And for those who make any modifications, I’d love to listen to about these, too.
Reader Suggestions: What sort of recipes would you wish to see subsequent?